ads

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sri Lanka "The Pearl of the Indian Ocean"

Firstly, this is my first holiday abroad with my parents only. Two months ago, my parent and I went to Sri Lanka for the holiday. One week traveling with my parents taught me the importance of planning and just how much was possible to see and do in a short time.

boarding to Colombo

Dad always pre-book online on meals

Yay!! Filled up our stomach for 4 hours journey.. napping time ;)

Don't ever ever forget to fill up this one....

Arrived at Bandaranaike International Airport, Colombo

Ayubowan Sri Lanka ;)

I took the private ground package from Sedunia Travel Agency (Malaysia) and the tour guide are from Jetwing travel agency (Sri Lanka). I would like to thanks to all the staff at the hotel for helping to make my parent's holiday as enjoyable and memorable. They loved it all, from the excellent quality and variation food, the room with sea view or hills view, the resort and the service from the staff. I'm happy they had a wonderful time.

Our private van for the whole tour

some information about Sri Lanka and we are heading to Kandalama

We will heading straight to the Kandalama hotel. I know we will be tired after the long flight but we would really prefer to get the long drive out of the way and then start our tour to Kandalama. The journey to Kandalama is about 4 hours. We take short stopovers on the way at Kurunegala, a city in the Wayamba Province of Sri Lanka for breakfast.

Giant Buddha Statue on Top of the Elephant Rock

The Kurunegala Lake

Diya Dahara Hotel

mom and dad

Our breakfast set

The bread is so thick

as big as my face ^^

overall yummy ;)

Coincidentally bumping into my aunty Kamariah... what a small world ;P

One of the major item of export is coconut

after 4 hours, here we are...Kandalama

Amaya Resorts & Spas

welcome drinks ;)

Our deluxe chalet

designed for the nature lover who doesn’t want to sacrifice luxury

These chalets include all of the culturally authentic design details of the regular chalets, such as the front terrace with the traditional long seat or a tree-trunk column supporting the red-tiled roof.

In addition, the Deluxe Chalets feature a satellite TV offering international channels including BBC, CNN, Star Sports, Cinemax, HBO and ESPN

The spacious bathrooms are also supplied with sensuous luxury amenities to enhance your relaxation and comfort.

While mom taking a nap, me and dad went out to explore the resort and some photo shooting

Meander down a forested path to discover the resorts

my cool dad ;)

Kandalama lake

The Indian Palm Squirrel is the common type of squirrel found in Sri Lanka

After walking around we went to the open air bar located in the lower deck of the lobby for some local beer.

A comfortable chair to sit back and take pleasure in the evening

local beer that must have if you are in Sri Lanka when its hot and humid ;)

Aroma was a bit fruity

argh.. pleasure ;))

Swimming time in the evening

haha, our warm up pose before going for a dip in the pool

thanks mom to be our photographer ^^

she just accompany me and help snapping our photo ;)

again... Lion Lager beer

cheers

our family photo ^^

pretending to be drunk... haha

thanks boss for the beer ;)

mom preparing herself for buffet dinner

camwhoring with mom while waiting my turn to take bath...

While on the way to have our dinner, i fell down and hurt my hand and knee. ouch (T___T) Blame it on the dark forest path.

The top layers of the skin are scraped off and the broken skin surface is covered by many small bleeding spots. Grazes hurt badly ;(

luckily mom brought the medicine and she helping me to apply an antiseptic cream

Thanks mom ;)

Buffet dinner @ Hotel

hungry face ^^

Overall we were pretty satisfied with the food

Ended my first day @Sri Lanka with a hot tea ;))

Good night and gonna continue Day 2 with awesome journey to Sigiriya, the historical monument in Sri lanka.

No comments: